Eating is such a daily basic need and, yet, we still make unconscious choices that damage our bodies. So, here is a list of tips that can help you to feel agile, light and energetic, at all levels.
22 Tips for a Healthy Digestion
- Be thankful for all the food that you eat.
- When you go shopping, be determined to choose only the best quality foods.
- Have at home only healthy and fresh ingredients from the earth.
- Eat fresh, organic, local and seasonal ingredients.
- Eat whole and homemade foods.
- Eat regular meals.
- Eat when you are hungry and drink when you are thirsty.
- Eat reasonable portions, only enough to feel light and well.
- For the elaborated meals, make them appeal to your five senses, with delicacy in preparation, colorful ingredients, great smell, different textures and various flavors.
- Prepare your meals with love and appreciation, in a happy relaxed environment.
- Chew food very well and allow the liquids to mix with your saliva.
- Feed your body with plenty of moisty and juicy foods, such as raw fruits and vegetables, that keep you well hydrated.
- Combine your foods well: eat fruit alone, before meals or mixed with leafy greens; don’t mix potatoes with grains; soups should be eaten before main courses; don’t mix sweet and fattty foods; avoid drinking liquids with your meals.
- Keep your meals as simple as possible, by including monomeals into your daily diet.
- Eat foods and drink liquids at room temperature.
- Enjoy your meals in quiet and relaxing places, with friendly and positive people around you.
- Allow yourself to relax for a while after each meal.
- You may benefit from having a warm and digestive natural herb infusion after eating.
- Don’t eat/drink for three or more hours between meals.
- Eat only after the sunrise and before the sunset.
- Do short or long fasts, to help your body cleanse properly and also to recover from any difficult digestion.
- Any ingredient that you feel you can’t digest well, try it alone and, if it still hurts you, eliminate it from your diet.
Put all this into practice and feel the joy running through your veins!